Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Events and Exhibitions, the Duty Floor Manager will be a pro-active and self-driven leader who will manage and oversee the provision of all venue arrangements and services for conferences, exhibitions, theatre events and other large scale or high-profile events.
This role demands a naturally energetic and flexible individual with a “Can-do” attitude who is accustomed to working in a fast-paced events environment and has proven capacity to work well under pressure and to strict rolling timelines. The successful applicant will also require the capacity to deal effectively with multiple tasks and competing demands.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- To foster and maintain high-level of client relationships and attend to client queries promptly and efficiently.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with service departments to ensure the successful delivery of all venue arrangements and services for events at the venue.
- Overseeing a team of staff to successfully deliver events within the venue.
- Liaising with organisers to establish day to day needs and requirements.
- Coordination of contractors to ensure smooth move in and move out periods for our exhibition and conferences.
- Enforcing onsite WHS compliance with contractors and clients.
- Staff management and training, ensuring events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Assisting in training and ongoing mentoring of staff, to ensure venue standards and procedures are upheld.
- Confidence and leadership that is inspiring
- Ability to react quickly in diverse situations
- Sound understanding of conference, exhibition and theatre management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent professional grooming and presentation
- Ability to work flexible shifts – overnight, weekends and holidays
- A Construction White Card is beneficial
We offer an encouraging work environment and the opportunity to expand your horizons and advance your career in the events industry.
If you are passionate about events, have had previous experience in a similar role and would like to be part of an exciting team, apply now!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.